• Felotalk: Prologue

    Saturday, June 18, 2005

    Prologue

    How do I begin this new entry? What do I talk about? Who is going to read this? These are the questions that plague me as I force myself to start on my very first blogging entry. Throughout the 1990s I was an avid writer and journal-keeper. Those who have known me for a long time have reminded me of how often I used to share my diaries (or memoirs as I used to call them) with others. So it seems as such a natural transition that I should begin blogging. The problem is I have not keept a journal since the summer of 2000, nor written much else since then. The idea of starting a new journal again, be it private or public, frightens me. Where do I begin? What do I talk about? Who gives a damn? A part of me feels that since I lead such a simple or rather laid-back life, I may come of as boring, ignorant or uninteresting. I have my routines and they keep me happy. I am not in school nor an academic but am smart. I am not an "artist" but am artistic. I am not political but am a socially-concerned citizen. However, I experience incredible things everyday. I have opinions. I love life! I love people! I enjoy telling stories. I enjoy listening to them. I cherish reading. I am a fan of music and cinema no one else seems to have heard about. Not to be different, but because it is appealing to me. I'm a lover of art. And I surround myself with brilliant, complex, fun people. I love life! Did I say that already?

    5 Comments:

    At 2:35 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Meanwhile, this week in the French cinema....

     
    At 2:40 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Oui oui monsieur
    tres artsy fartsy

     
    At 4:08 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    yeah!!! I'll keep reading.

     
    At 11:26 AM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    START ALREADY!

     
    At 7:23 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    I will only read if he starts posting reviews of foreign films. Possibly a top 10 or best of

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home