• Felotalk: School's Out for Summer

    Monday, June 27, 2005

    School's Out for Summer

    I am on summer vacation once again. The kids had their last day of school on Friday. Faculty and staff showed up to work today to finish cleaning up, organizing and to socialize one last time before we return to work in September. I had an interesting school year. I worked with the most incredible child this year. Incredible in fantastic ways and incredible in frustrating, anxiety-filled ways. The child I am speaking of has Autism. My patience was definately put to the test this year. I learned so much from him, and feel quite fortunate to have had this experience.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I look like a lobster today. I went to the beach with a couple of friends (Serene & Steve M.) We had a fun time eating fruit and scones, reading, napping and catching some rays while laying on the sand as we faced the Pacific Ocean in Manhattan Beach. We were obnoxiously and fabulously rude as we gawked at every single attractive surfer dude or lifeguard that passed by. We had binoculars, even! Anyway, I must have not applied enough sunblock lotion, because my back and torso are on fire today. I feel like jumping in a pool full of ice water.

    1 Comments:

    At 7:19 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home