• Felotalk: My April Playlist

    Thursday, April 26, 2007

    My April Playlist

    (Included in this list will be new and older releases, the top 8 C.D.s that got the most airplay from me at home)

    1. Amy Winehouse --BACK TO BLACK
    This c.d. has been out for over a month, and it is still my favorite. Every single one of the tracks in this soul diva's record could be a hit. From the spiritual "Rehab" to the mournful "Wake Up Alone."

    2. The Shins --WINCING THE NIGHT AWAY
    The nicest indie pop record out right now. I first became aware of this band on America's Next Top Model. Former contestant Elyse is bandmember Marty Crandell's girlfriend... Cheap trivia, I know, but The Shin's music is so nice...

    3. LL Cool J --ALL WORLD
    Originall released in 1996, this collection of LL's earliest hits contains such gems as "Doin' It," "Going Back to Cali," "Jingling Baby," "I Can't Live Without My Radio," and one of my favorite songs of all time, "I Need Love." This is one of my best purchases from Amazon.

    4. Akon --KONVICTED
    Guilty rap pleasure with ocassional nasty lyrics...

    5. Lucinda Williams --WEST
    Lyrical, tender and beautiful music are all things one expects from Williams. This record offers all that and more. What else can you expect from one of the best living songwriters around?

    6. Jay-Z --THE DYNASTY ROC LA FAMILIA (2000- )
    I just got this from Amazon two weeks ago. This C.D. came out in 2000 when I was getting back into hip-hop. Jay-Z is one fo the best producers and rappers around. The C.D. has a lot of memorable tracks, but track #3, "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It To Me)" still brings me out on the dance floor everytime I hear it. This one's a hip-hop classic!

    7. Arcade Fire --NEON BIBLE
    I am trying to get into this disc more. NEON BIBLE is not as immediately infectuous as their older stuff, but it still contains a few good tracks. Arcade Fire remind me a lot of Echo and the Bunnymen and The Jesus and Mary Chain on this disc...

    8. Mel & Kim --THAT'S THE WAY IT IS: THE BEST OF MEL & KIM
    Another Amazon purchase. Got it for $3.99. Does anyone remember the late '80s song "Showing Out (Get Fresh At the Weekend)"? I love this song!!!

    6 Comments:

    At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rafi, you have such great taste in music. I am going to check out some of these based on your recommendation.

    hope all is going well. btw, I have a week off next week and will be visiting rudy and claudia. any message from you to them? Let me know.

    love ya.

    joanna

     
    At 1:47 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    I LOVE Lucinda and as for LL's "I Need Love", I can't listen to that one without crying!

     
    At 8:53 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    nice list!

     
    At 9:04 AM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Hey Rafi, did you know that June will mark the two year anniversary of your blog? time does fly. are you doing anything special? haha

     
    At 9:47 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Hostile One... Wow!
    Maybe I will have a bestf list or something to commemorate my two year anniversary. I also want my 100th entry to be special, that should be happening soon too.

     
    At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wish you were into the Artic Monkeys and Of Montreal. I want to see them on your list.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home