• Felotalk: Wine Tasting By the Sea

    Thursday, April 05, 2007

    Wine Tasting By the Sea







    I am on spring break this week and have enjoyed going on short trips with different friends the last few days. Earlier in the week, I went down to San Diego for an overnight trip with Robert B. We partied in the Hillcrest area, had fun, yummy meals in new restaurants we discovered, and enjoyed a nice drive around the city... Today (On Wednesday I mean), I went to Santa Barbara with friends from work Naomi, Iris, and Carmela. We visited the Santa Barbara Mission. Walked on the pier. Shopped and had an early dinner on State Street. And we went to a couple of wineries for some wine tasting. I brought home a few bottles with me.
    There's still a few days left to my vacation. Who knows where else I might go...

    7 Comments:

    At 9:36 AM , Blogger lucy4 said...

    I always wanted to go wine tasting though I might become smashed and belligerent after just one winery. It's those darn Asian genes.

     
    At 12:50 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    It is amazing how smashed one can get right away! Intially, we wanted to go to three or four wineries. But we left our first winery tipsy, and after the second one we were smashed! It is so much fun!

     
    At 3:46 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    Wine tasting is my new favorite hobby. We went to Sonoma County wineries last weekend. We purchased 10 bottles at various places! Mmmm!

     
    At 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy Easter! I am glad you are having a good time on Spring break. We are having a good time, too. I did some shopping in H&M today - sweater with stripes and khaki cargo pants. Max sister will colour eggs and Max mom will bake some sweets. And we will have ham. And on Monday we celebrate Max 50th birthsday. We will go to China restaurant. Yummy, yummy!!! Enjoy Easter!

     
    At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds fun! That's one thing I miss about California --the wine tasting!

     
    At 5:11 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    You LOOK a little toasted. That was my initial reaction and what I knew I'd comment but that was even before reading your admission. I got tipsy too on a wine-tasting date. It was embarrassing.

     
    At 12:21 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    I went wine testing in Santa Barbara with Lopez once. One lesson I learned on the trip is girls will talk to you if you have a cute dog. Lopez' dog acted as a chick magnet as plenty of them came up to pet her. It was crowded up there and he said after that movie "Sideways" came out everyone was going up there more often

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home