• Felotalk: Say No to Plastic Bags

    Monday, February 11, 2008

    Say No to Plastic Bags

    One of my New Year's resolutions as we welcomed 2008 was to always go out shopping with a reusable bag in hand. I am tired of using plastic bags, and tired of seeing them on trees, power lines, and littering our streets, beaches and parks. While I usually ask for a paper bag when given a choice at a market, I see that that choice isn't always available in drugstores or at my neighborhood Asian and Latino carnicerias. I know that many people like to use plastic bags to line their trash bags, or to collect dog poop, but I feel that can be done with everyday bio-degradable paper bags. In my backpack I have been carrying a rolled up canvas bag from Uncle Jer's. Right by the door, in my house, I have several other bags. I have a mesh bag I bought in Grand Central Market years ago. I also have canvas bags from Trader Joe's and the L.A.U.S.D.'s Nutrition Network. As I leave the house for any kind of errand, I have been making sure I bring a bag with me at all times.

    3 Comments:

    At 8:25 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

    yeah! go earth!

     
    At 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    go earth! i hate plastic bags too, but i don't know about picking up dog poop without them... i'll have to walk my dog with a pooper scooper in hand from now on to make you happy.

     
    At 12:50 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    What would your friends at Plastica think?

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home