• Felotalk: Lately (Again)

    Monday, June 11, 2007

    Lately (Again)

    Last C.D. I Listened to:

    I just got Air's POCKET SYMPHONIES on the mail from Amazon. I put it on to listen to it as I worked at home, but was not too impressed. Maybe I need to listen to it some more and the record will grow on me. Normally, I am a big Air fan!

    Last Movie I Saw:

    On D.V.D.: I watched Alfred Hitchcock's MARNIE, starring Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery. It was really good. Hedren and Connery have wonderful chemistry together, even though Hedren's character continuously rejects Connery's. They are both incredibly attractive in it.
    At the movies: I went to see SHREK THE THIRD two weekends ago with my friend Joanne. I have to admit I don't go to the movies much these days. I see almost everything in D.V.D. nowadays. I found this third installment better than the second one. My favorite characters remain Donkey and Puss n' Boots. They crack me up!

    Last Thing I Watched on T.V.:

    This morning I watched GOOD DAY L.A. as I always do while I am getting ready to go to work. But last night I got together with friends to watch the final episode of THE SOPRANOS. It was great. I loved it!!!

    Last Person I Talked on the Phone With:

    Carmela Pimentel (not Soprano) :)

    Last Time I Had to Deal With an Ant Situation at Home:

    An hour ago! We had the dryest winter and spring this year. As a result, ants have been invading my bathroom, my kitchen counters and cat food three months sooner than normally expected. To keep ants away from the cat food, I put a saucer with water under the dish that holds my cats' food and that usually keeps them away . But all it takes is for my cats to spill one tiny kibble on the floor for ants to be everywhere. If I spill water on the floor, around the sink, or on the counter, ants will be there. I am tired of killing ants!

    Last Time I Had People Over:

    Saturday! I had a barbecue at home in honor of my mother's 59th birthday. My sisters, Frank, Francisco, Victoria, my aunt Consuelo, and KIndred Gottlieb with her partner Antony and their new almost-month-old baby Genevieve were all here to celebrate with my mother. On the menu we had: chicken shish-kabbobs, carne asada, arroz con frijoles negros, grilled zucchini, peppers, and scallions, corn on the cob, and cake from Queen's Bakery in Chinatown. It was quite a feast. I also made a big pitcher of sangria...

    4 Comments:

    At 9:13 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Sorry I couldn't go. Went to Kaiser right after my workday and it took them 2 hours to see me!! Sunday I just stayed home with my antibiotics and rested.
    Maybe Air's lost it. That happens.

     
    At 9:12 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    me too, I got your invite but had to spend all weekend in the library studying math. Hope it paid off

     
    At 6:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love your sangria!

     
    At 1:03 PM , Blogger Chico Maivia said...

    Bulletin surveys are lazy writing!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home