• Felotalk: Water

    Tuesday, July 31, 2007

    Water

    It is summer and I have been hydrating myself more often than during the rest of the year. While I live for my summer drinks and cocktails, such as: a good Tecate, Sangrîa, Campari and soda, and a nice glass of champagne, Cava, or Prosecco, nothing compares to the refreshing pureness of ice cold water.

    Well, this summer, I have discovered a new bottled water that beats the rest.

    Glacéau's Smart Water is the best bottled water I have ever tasted!

    While I understand that it is better to filter your own tap water at home so as to not contribute to the excessive use of plastic bottles in the world, buying bottled water is often inevitable. At least for me!

    You can taste the freshness in Smart Water and actually feel your body becoming hydrated as you drink it. The cool thing about it, too, is that Smart Water is not spring water, but actually cloud water.

    On the label it says:
    “Is it just us or do clouds get a bad rap? While we admit they’re not as great to have around on a beach day, as say, the sun, clouds are unsung heroes because they contain nature’s purest source of water. Meanwhile, spring water comes from the ground and contains random stuff and whattever else the animals that swim in it leave behind. That’s why we copied our white puffy friends by creating SmartWater. It’s vapor distilled so it is in its purest original state. It’s a difference you can taste… unless, of course, you have no taste buds (then you’re on your own). But, we don’t stop there. We one-up the clouds by adding electrolytes just in case you decide to hit the beach. Unfortunately, we can’t fix the whole men in thongs thing.”

    Anyway, I'm hooked!

    11 Comments:

    At 5:34 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Uhhh...I'm glad you're excited about this water and all, but I find it kind of funny since (and I am assuming you somehow don't know this bit of information) the spokesperson for this product is none other than Jennifer Aniston, gal-next-door you happen to hate. But don't let that stop you from hydrating yourself!

     
    At 7:44 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    I like Smart Water too, but I'm too cheap to buy it. Also, think of the plastic and waste; tap water is making a come back. Make sure you recycle.

     
    At 9:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You did not mention Jennifer Aniston but from reading the above comment I now understand that you are not a fan.

     
    At 8:00 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Kathy I try to drink water as often as possible. And you know very well that I am an enthusiastic recycler. But sometimes, when you go to the beach or picnic, orfor a long dride somewhere you need your water bottles. You are right though, Smart Water is expensive!

    SG and Diego, it's true I hate that overrated Aniston chick!

     
    At 8:01 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Tap water, Kathy, I meant to say TAP water...

     
    At 11:38 AM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    I don't know any gal next doors who own nine cars

     
    At 12:28 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    By the way, RV3, you can use a filter and buy ONE SPORTS BOTTLE and refill it every time you go out. Or, buy 2 if you think you'll be gone to the beach a really long time and just one bottle won't do. Just a "green" suggestion....

     
    At 12:29 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Remember Equinox, that annoying product line we got sucked into selling? They used to sell a sports bottle WITH a filter in it so that you could just refill it wherever, even at the carwash!

     
    At 8:02 PM , Blogger lucy4 said...

    I got a really good Nalgene water bottle. It's the cleanest, non-plastic tasting bottle I've used and you can toss it in the dishwasher too. I mean Oprah recommended it. It must be good.

    I agree with with Kathy. Tap water is the new mojito.

     
    At 10:27 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    I enjoy a good glass of tap water with with a lemon wedge maybe or cucumber or lavender-flavored even. But right now in my classroom, at work, as I type this, I am enjoying a cold bottle of Smart Water. Hmmmmmm!!!

     
    At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG
    I love Smart Water too!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home