• Felotalk: What I've Been Watching

    Saturday, April 12, 2008

    What I've Been Watching

    For the last three weeks or so I have been hooked on the BBC science fiction drama, Torchwood. I have been getting the DVDs from Netflix, and I just finished watching the last episode of this BBC show's first season which first aired in the U.K. in 2006.
    Set in Cardiff, Wales, the show is about this organization that claims to be: "Outside the government, beyond the police. Fighting for the future on behalf of the human race. The 21st Century is when everything changes..." Torchwood is always called whenever anything strange or paranormal occurs. The show has touched on such fantastic themes like alien activity, spirits, evil fairies, immortality, and time travel via rifts in time... What's cool as well about this show is that all of its main characters are not what they seem at first. They are all hiding something, and flawed human beings. This adds some intense drama that goes beautifully well with all the sci-fi stuff.
    I love this show! I can't wait for the second season to come to the U.S.

    p.s. Fans of The X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer will love this show!

    5 Comments:

    At 3:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Rafa, I can't believe I am 38 today. We have fruit cake and I will prepair fried chicken with french fries for lunch - David's favourite besides chinese and thai food. my son has 2 years and 4 months and he is healthy so I am very happy!

     
    At 5:43 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    You have to watch Dr. Who and see where it all began!

     
    At 5:48 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Anka: Happy birthday, hon!!!

    Spleengrrl: I will.

    Everyone: I forgot to mention that Torchwood is a spin-off of another sci-fi BBC show called Dr. Who.

     
    At 8:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thank you, Rafa! I am looking forward to family vacations in Tunis from May 14 to May 24 - I won some great clothes from Bitten on e-bay, I already wear t-shirt but I can't wait to wear gray capris and dresses on vacations. Even Max loves the clothes I ordered. I wish you a nice weekend!

     
    At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That clip looked creepy. I might put the show on my netflix queu.

    -bpr

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home