• Felotalk: Stories from the Mexican Caribbean Sea

    Tuesday, August 19, 2008

    Stories from the Mexican Caribbean Sea

    My trip to the Cancun area in the Mexican state of Quitana Roo was short but quite memorable. I actually stayed in the town of Playa del Carmen, about one hour south of Cancun. The water there was just as clear, but less crowded and Vegas-like than it is in Cancun. During my brief time in this part of the Yucatan peninsula, which is often refered to as the Mayan Riviera, I managed to sunbathe poolside and swim at the beach right next to the hotel we were staying in. I also visited the ancient ruins od Tulum and Coba. I also took a ferry ride to the island of Cozumel, where I went snorkling near some local reefs. I also got to climb up the tallest pyramid in Coba, and got to go down a zip line and canoe over lake inhabited by crocodiles. all in all I had a wonderful adventure in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo...




    2 Comments:

    At 7:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks for sharing the pics and glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I think we will do it next year, we go to our coast next week and in September or October we will look for great last minute offers for Djerba or Tunis or some other destination.

     
    At 5:56 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    It's good to see someone enjoying the sun, the surf and the beach. But then again you will be doing it all over again in Hawaii.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home