• Felotalk: Nothing Else to Say, Let's Talk About the Weather

    Saturday, September 22, 2007

    Nothing Else to Say, Let's Talk About the Weather

    According to the Rockie Horoscope:

    Virgo: Aug. 23 - Sep. 22

    "Virgins could find themselves caught between a rock (Saturn in your sign) and a soon-to-be-cushy-place (Venus enters Virgo on 10/7.) Anticipating the pleasures the goddess of love and beauty will bestow may kill some time, but you'd be better off planning how to maximize the benefits that she'll shower you with before she exits on 11/8. Knowing that your fortunes will improve, if only to make you the flavor of the month for those four weeks, could take the edge off the pressures exerted by an unpredictable partner and a bossy relative."

    What does this mean?

    Seriously, I am so happy that autumn is finally here. It was so soothing to fall asleep last night to the sound of rainfall. We have not had any considerable rain in Los Angeles since April. It looks as if it will be warm but not too hot during the coming week. Hopefully we will see some more rain soon.

    I am a big fan of summer. I always look forward to it around the month of May. However by mid-August I grow tired of the heat and I find myself looking forward to cooler weather. For the last week or so, it has been nice to get to wear sweatshirts, my hoodies, more long-sleeve shirts. Even at night, it's been fun to get to wear pajamas again. (It had been so hot in L.A. during the previous month that the most comfortable way to go to bed was by wearing nothing at all!)

    Anyway, I love fall! I always say it is my favortie season. I am looking forward to the longer nights. The fall T.V. season. Making dinner more often. Halloween. The month of November. Thanksgiving. Cocktails. And the anticipation of Christmas.

    6 Comments:

    At 12:32 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    ...and football, though I know that's not on your list

     
    At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is overcast in New York right now and should be raining by tonight.

    p.s.
    You need to experience autumn in New York.

     
    At 5:04 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    You sleep naked? Not when I'm around! Anyway, I hated summer this year because I had all these clothes I could not wear and it seemed the only comfortable thing was a cotton t-shirt which is not exactly business attire. So I'm glad it's fall now & I too loved the sound of the rain outside my window & was so comforted there with my thick blanked & the cat on my pillow...

     
    At 9:38 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

    here here. we had a little rain too, and I feel ready for fall.

     
    At 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the yummy autumnal thoughts - they make me warm and cozy and happy!

    I just now saw your use of "sinecure" in a sentence referencing Ryan Seacrest on Sheff's Special. PERFECT usage, it should be in the dictionary - bravo!

     
    At 4:34 PM , Blogger lucy4 said...

    i like the coming of any season. I love anticipating the different holidays throughout the year. I feel bad for the Jehovah Witnesses (especially the kids) because without holidays to celebrate, you don't have that much to look forward to. I mean unless they really are the chosen and they get eternal salvation and we all rot in hell.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home