• Felotalk: The Gold Room

    Wednesday, October 24, 2007

    The Gold Room



    Another favorite dive of mine has now been overtaken by hipsters. The Gold Room used to be a cozy, funky, dirty bar. Located at the corner of Sunset and Echo Park, the hostesses here wear miniskirts and the clientele used to be predominantly Latino and male. That has slowly been changing. This narrow bar now boasts a D.J. two nights a week and a new clientele of skinny twentysomethings. I guess adventurous types like myself, who found this whole-in-the-wall charming years ago, are to blame...

    4 Comments:

    At 10:56 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    cuties, all of you!

     
    At 12:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks for sharing pic of you and your friends! Very cute. I don't remember if I sent you pics of family vacation in Tunis. Let me know if I did and I will add some from family meeting with Max's relatives from Canada. Enjoy Halloween!

     
    At 1:23 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    So many dives, so little time...

     
    At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The gold room boasts a d.j. now??????

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home