• Felotalk: Fall's Here

    Saturday, September 24, 2005

    Fall's Here

    I have been bed-ridden for the last few days, as I caught a cold this week. The cold, I believe, is a result of over-exhaustion from a very busy weekend and catching it from my relatives at my mom's house. I started feeling ill and tired on Monday, but the illness didn't really hit me hard until Tuesday evening. I didn't go to work for a couple of days, which I absolutely hated doing, since the school year just started three weeks ago. But my body needed the rest. Colds and flus are the worst. I hate feeling powerless and lacking energy. I hate not being productive. I enjoy being lazy once in a while, but by choice, of course. I woke up today coughing and with a slight headache, but fell better as soon as I got out of bed. I went to the store. Made coffee (first time I drink it in four days). Read the newspaper. Talked on the phone. I cleaned house a bit. I am back to normal...Hooray!!!

    I continue to read, but must say that I am thrilled that the fall t.v. season is back on. I have already watched the premieres of
    America's Next Top Model, Survivor, and Fox's new show Prison Break, which a friend and I decided to start watching because we find prison movies and shows hot, (the show by the way has been exciting but too implausible). Now I am looking forward to the premieres of that housewife show...and The Amazing Race.

    10 Comments:

    At 4:15 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    Don't forget to hip people to the models' crying site: http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2005/09/you_better_weep.html

    Also, delete those sploggy messages forever. k?

    Finally, the prison show is pretty bad.

     
    At 8:06 AM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    ANTM is always the exact same thing yet it seems to be riveting. I guess we just like to watch gorgeous women make idiots of themselves and be bossed around by overperoxided gay men. I'm not sure who to root for this season. I liked Naima last year since I saw her picture on the website announcing the new cycle but by the time of the last few shows I wanted Kahlen to win and I still think Naima was a bad choice- she looks pretty terrible on the professional things I've seen her do.

     
    At 10:40 AM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Well, you're mostly right except most normal women are not 6'1" and weigh 100 lbs. I'm told I'm "skinny" by a lot of...er.."normal-sized" women but according to ANTM standards I'm one short fat chick! I'm 5'1" and weigh 110. Most of those girls don't weigh 110 and they are almost a foot taller!

     
    At 4:52 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    I enjoy watching the transformation the girls go through too. Like Kahlen last season. Yeah, she was a bit tall (5.8) and blonde, but sha was so plain and unglamorous when not modeling or in some crazy shoot dreamed up by that clown make-up-loving Jay Manuel.

     
    At 7:42 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Surprisingly enough, I can't remember when I was less excited about the new fall season. Except for the fact the NFL is back, I think this is the worst crop of new shows in quite a long time. I don't watch reality tv which eliminates about 50% of what's on the air. I would have to say that except for "Mr Big" joining Vincent D'Onofrio's brilliant performances on the cast of L&O:CI (reprising his role from the original show more than 10 years ago) and being one of the 31 million viewers for the "Lost" premiere last week, I only watch tv for Seinfeld's priceless reruns, those brilliant Batman/Superman cartoons from the early and mid-90s and football, football, football baby!

     
    At 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who is Hostile 17?

     
    At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have to say this fall season is one of the best...there are way too many crime shows on, I can't keep up. I tried watching Prison Break, but it really didn't catch me. I did catch the premiere of Arrested Development and Desperate Housewives...I love that show. The housewives are at it again. Can I just say that I dislike L&O: Criminal Intent...D'onfrio is soooo lame. BUt SVU is great, as well as the original L&O. I also am digging Invasion, although it is not the best.

     
    At 8:46 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    I don't like SVU. The head detective once said something derisive about a perp who was allegedly a comic book fanatic. Ever since, I have stopped watching that comic book hating S.O.B.

     
    At 8:09 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    I love "Arrested Development" as well. I tried watching "House" a couple of weeks ago but found the title character too cynical, even for my taste... I'd like to watch Martha's Apprentice show, but it is opposite ANTM. I'd also like to watch "Commander In Chief" but is opposite "Amazing Race." Should I get TEVO???
    ;-)

     
    At 4:35 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    If I had to TiVo all the crap I WANT to watch I'd never get anything else done so I've decided not to go for it. I love crime shows, but mostly the reality ones, not so much the drama. Not that I don't love original L & O but w/o Lenny I can't watch. And SVU and Cold Case are good but none of it compares to a good "Cold Case Files", "Forensic Files", "American Justice", "FBI Files", "The Investigators", "Trace Evidence", or "Body of Evidence". Chilling!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home