• Felotalk: Greetings from Mammoth

    Sunday, August 14, 2005

    Greetings from Mammoth

    I am in Mammoth Lakes, CA today on a very spontaneous trip with a friend who has to work here for a few days. We left Los Angeles yesterday afternoon and arrived here last night. As soon as we stepped out of the car, the smell of fresh air and pines permeated our surroundings. We are staying in a lodge, away from the main road. There is a kitchen here, which will be perfect for making our own little meals and not eat out too much. I have a mild headache at the moment which I am attributing to the high altitude. I have already been on a small hike and bike ride. I found a general store where I bought water and a map. I plan to go on a 3 mile bike ride up to some lakes. I also found a Starbucks!!!

    4 Comments:

    At 10:48 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    have a good time!

     
    At 7:50 AM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Thaks for calling. Sorry we couldn't talk for long. Have fun!

     
    At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like fun. It's nice to know Starbuck's is reaching out to the farthest reaches of the frontier, I think.

     
    At 10:57 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Starbucks is indeed everywhere. There are three of them in Mammoth, not just one!!!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home