• Felotalk: I'm Back!!!

    Saturday, August 20, 2005

    I'm Back!!!

    I've been back for a couple of days. Toward the end of my stay in Mammoth, I was ready to come back home. I missed my bed. Missed the cats. Missed reading the paper and looking out my window. Missed my routines and my friends. As we drove south on the 395 to the 14 to the 5 freeways with my new friend Ellen on our way home, I became more and more excited to be coming back. As soon as I entered my house and put my bags down and pet my loyal, needy cat Humbert, (Lola made an appearance after an hour), I started feeling depressed. I love my home and my life in Echo Park, but I missed the mountains. I missed not having to do anything at all but just go on bike rides, hiking, swimming and missed the fresh mountain air. Missed the smell of pine trees.
    On the last day before I left Mammoth, Kindred, Ellen and I went to this area north of Mammoth known as Devil's Postplile National Monument. It was so beautiful and scenic. We must've hiked for three hours and reached the wonderful Rainbow Falls during our trek. It is the most rewarding, serene feeling one experiences after hiking for over an hour and reaching a waterfall. It was a lovely moment.
    When we back to our lodge, Kindred made a delicious early dinner for all of us. We drank left-over Sangria, which I had fixed up the previous night. Ellen went to work the light for a dress rehearsal for the play/production that had brought us up to Mammoth in the first place. Kindred and I got in the hot tub. We watched So You Think You Can Dance. And we all went for drinks in the little village afterwards.
    Now that I am back home, I have about 10 days left of vacation time. I go back to work next Wednesday the 31st. Yikes!!!

    1 Comments:

    At 7:57 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    Welcome back.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home