• Felotalk: Happy Virgo

    Thursday, September 08, 2005

    Happy Virgo

    I was not planning on celebrating my birthday this year for several reasons, but especially since this year it landed in the middle of the week and on back-to-school day. But many of my wonderful friends who remembered that the day was coming insisted on me celebrating it. their questions where down the line of: What are we doing for your birthday this year?
    I went to work real early. I left the house at around 6:30 in the morning to have coffee with a friend/co-worker and to get a head start on things at school and prepare for the day before the bell rang. For the 8 hours that I was at work I forgot all about myself and went on with my day. Working. It is always fun to return to work and see how much students grow after a long vacation. A few of the new 5th graders are almost as tall as me now. For lunch I ate a delicious sandwich that my friend Serene had prepared for me the previous night.

    After school, I went to my mother's house. Latin mothers always insist on seeing their kids on their birthdays... My own mom always says to come over to her house for one or two hours. To eat. Pick up my gift. And then I can go and do whatever it is I do with friends. I did just that. I had a nice two hours with my mom , her best friend Tere, and my sister Karina. Monica and Victoria couldn't make it since Victoria was a little sick...
    That evening, I chose to gather with a few friends (it was a party of 15) at Pizza Buona on the corner of Alvarado and Sunset, by my house. We had a nice gathering and overwhelmed the owners and servers, and maybe other customers. But we had a lot of fun. I didn't eat much pizza, but had a lot of antipasto salad and a couple of beers. Thank you Rob and Cass for the cake. Thank you Kathy for the cupcakes. Thank you Jack for sacrificing your seat... Thank you Natalie for the disposable camara. Thank you: Oskar, Jerry, Robin, Nikki, Adree, Anna, Francesca. Thank you Serene and Dom for being there and for drinks afterwards at the Gold Room.

    3 Comments:

    At 5:33 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    it sounds like you had a nice time. How's Jack doing these days?

     
    At 10:04 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Jack is Jack... He seems to be a happy 1st grade teacher.

     
    At 9:18 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    I used to think working on my birthday stank until I started working with Frances. I've walked in the last 2 years to find the office decorated with my name and "Happy Birthday" everywhere.

    I'm really sorry I could not be there with you but as you know, I thought of you all day...

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home