• Felotalk: Campari and Soda

    Monday, August 01, 2005

    Campari and Soda

    The drink of choice for this author this summer is Campari with soda over ice. Campari is a bittersweet Italian aperatif developed in Milan circa 1860, using a blend of aromatic herbs and selected spirits.
    Though Campari has been around for years, I had my first taste of it last June, poolside, at Dominique's parents' home. I was immediately put in a spell by the drink's intoxicating bitter flavors. It tasted like cologne, I thought. I felt as if I was drinking some secret potion that would make me do crazy things. It was incredible!
    Serene bought a bottle recently and we had a couple of glassses of Campari and soda last night as we saw the sun set. I am now hooked! I will be running down to the store after writing this to buy a bottle.

    3 Comments:

    At 1:00 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    I was at a party this weekend and this guy I know kept drinking vodka mixed with Rock Star. As if an energy drink isn't going to get you wired enough, he said he didn't have to drive and that he expected to be up for a while into the next morning.

     
    At 7:07 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    sounds yummy and appropriate in this weather.

     
    At 9:35 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Ariel, Kathy...you guys must come over for a glass or two and little bit of gossip.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home