• Felotalk: Happy Thanksgiving

    Friday, November 25, 2005

    Happy Thanksgiving

    I am happy to report that I had a very satisfying Thanksgiving this year. Yesterday I spent the first couple of hours of my morning cleaning house. (Loyal readers know quite well that cleaning house gives me such a high) I then went to the store. Made coffee. And I proceded to baking for the next 4 hours. I made a pumpkin pie, two dishes of bread pudding and chocolate chip cookies.
    At around 4 p.m. I was picked up by my sister Monica, David and Victoria, and we went to Karina and Frank's house where we all gathered to have a family sit-down dinner. My mother, as usual, was photographing us all with her cell phone and digital cameras, and filming us with her recorder. My aunt was telling jokes. And we were also there to gawk at Karina and Frank's three week-old baby, Francisco. My two-year old niece is always fascinating to watch around her new cousin. When she hears him crying on the baby monitor, she will cry as well. This is either out of sympathy or attention. She then wanted to lay on her baby cousin's changing table and once she was on it, she began to act like a baby herself. Dinner was great, but I only had small portions, since I had another party to go to...
    I arrived at my friends Oscar and Jerry's house a little after 8 p.m. We had a huge feast there. Jerry prepared the most delicious, succulent turkey I have ever tasted. There was also a ham, chicken wings, yams, collard greens and green beans, mashed potatoes. And much more... It is a good thing there were some twelve (plus) guests to eat it all. We also drank much champagne ,wine and cocktails. The desserts were also abundant, and I am happy to say my bread pudding was a hit!!!
    There is much I am grateful for this year. A lot! But above all else I am thankful to have such loving friends and family around me. I feel truly blessed!

    2 Comments:

    At 1:16 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    amen to that broter!

     
    At 1:55 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Family and friends are a blessing. So is great food and a little champers.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home