• Felotalk: My New Nephew (and My Niece)

    Friday, November 11, 2005

    My New Nephew (and My Niece)


    A week ago today, on Friday, November 4th, my dearest sister, Karina, gave birth to a healthy baby boy at around 9:08 in the morning. Karina was actually due in late October and had to have her birth induced because she could not handle the pain any longer. The girl was ready! Let's just say...
    Our family and friends couldn't be more thrilled. In the last two years I have been made an uncle twice. I now have a two-year old niece, Victoria and a week old nephew, Francisco. It is amazing to see new generations begin and continuing a family's legacy. My mother couldn't be more overjoyed at becoming a grandmother again. My niece seems fascinated with with her cousin. She has met him twice and has insisted on holding him each time. When I finally met my nephew this past Tuesday, (I was unable to see him sooner since I was stricken with a cold yet again), I felt such love for him as I was holding him in my arms. My niece sat by my side and also made herself comfortable on my lap, as if reminding me, "Love the new baby, but I am still here..." It was so funny and amazing to see.
    Baby Francisco is so cute! He is so wide-eyed and alert. He was awake when I met him. How well he could see me, I am not sure. But he seemed to be studying me up and down when I met him, yawning ocassionally. He feel asleep in my arms, as I sang to him. Victoria at my side...

    5 Comments:

    At 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats Rafi! Uncle-hood is the best!

     
    At 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How cute you guys look!

     
    At 5:11 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    You are cute too, Miss Wendy! thanks... And thank you, Chuy.

     
    At 6:47 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    so cute it hurts.

     
    At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what a great picture! Congrats.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home