• Felotalk: A Happy Decemberist

    Tuesday, December 06, 2005

    A Happy Decemberist

    Once again, December has snuck up on us. It is already the 6th and Christmas is under 20 days away. I predict that, as usual, the holiday will come and go and we will be left wondering where it went or how it went by so fast...
    This weekend, just one week after Thanksgiving, I began doing, preparing and partaking in a number of winter/holiday activities. I began my shopping already. I put some Christmas lights up at home. and I went to two holiday parties. I begin working at Uncle Jer's this coming weekend. This will be my 8th (or 9th) Christmas that I work there. It is now a tradition for me to be part of that family every December. It is fun for me to see people in the spirit, feeling generous, thinking of others. I also enjoy catching up with the friends I have in the store, who work there and shop there.
    On Saturday, after having lunch at Costa Alegre with Oscar, Jerry, Moises and Serene, we decided to walk down to the Echo Park Christmas Parade. We had so much fun being loud and obnoxious, dancing and posing with the cheerleaders and flirting with the firefighters and Aztec dancers who were parading. I have lived in Echo Park for 10 years now and I have never attended one of the neighborhood parades. I have to say, it was also great to see all the "latins" and Mexican folks in the neighborhood out in the streets. It was like taking back Echo Park! You know what I mean...

    8 Comments:

    At 5:33 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Yes I think that I know what you mean Rafi, even though I am not a denizen of Echo Park. I know what you mean about the holidays sneaking up on us though, I have to go buy a xmas tree on Dec.10, we usually get ours about 2 or 3 weeks prior to xmas, any earlier and we fear a risk of fire. This year I have my van so I won't have to bother tying it to the top of my car like I did 2 years ago (Wendy did it last year.) We should get together for new year's if you are staying in town!

     
    At 5:35 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    P.S. I missed the Covina xmas parade. It was saturday. I wanted to go take pics for the paper, but I got sick and spent most of the weekend recovering.

    :-(

     
    At 7:15 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    wow, h17 got a van?

    FELO, I missed you on Sunday. And you missed my cake.

     
    At 8:35 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    H17, we should get together...
    kathy, I missed you on Sunday also. I cannot believe how many parties there were this past weekend! And I am sad to have missed the cake you baked. I always rave to folks about your baking!

     
    At 2:34 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    It's been Christmas at my office since before Thanksgiving but I think I'll blog about that. Anyway, sounds like things are in full swing in Echo Park. It's so nice to have holiday parties to attend.

     
    At 5:42 PM , Blogger Chico Maivia said...

    Sounds like you had a blast. I would've gone to the Christmas parade here in Covina--if only to see South Hills, and not to partake in any other assenine festivities--but I was out and about at the time.

    Parade sounded cool.

     
    At 7:19 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Kathy, we should get together, me you and Eli and RV3 and whoever else, I can drive now so I can go see you.
    re holiday parties: I have one to go tomorrow night and one the next night! I'm going to be all xmased out b4 the big night

     
    At 4:06 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    The food at costa Alegre is good but not spectacular. they have great menudos, soups and fajitas. Most of their plates are between $5 to $ 9.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home