• Felotalk: The Playlist

    Tuesday, October 30, 2007

    The Playlist

    My dear friend Walter is getting married in New Jersey next week. (Ms. Spleengrrrl and I will be attending, by the way..)
    The other day Walter asked me to think of good party songs from the '70s and '80s that I think might be fun to dance to at the wedding party. Below is the list of suggestions that I e-mailed him:

    Last Night a D.J. Saved My Life -- Indeep
    Yes Sir, I Can Boogie -- Baccara
    Kiss on My List -- Hall & Oates
    Private Eyes -- Hall & Oates
    Flashdance (What a Feeling) -- Irene Cara
    Total Eclipse of the Heart -- Bonnie Tyler
    We Got the Beat -- the go-go's
    Rio -- Duran,Duran
    Hungry Like the Wolf -- Duran, Duran
    I Feel for You -- Chaka Khan
    Let the Music Play -- Shannon
    Object of My Desire -- Starpint
    Genious of Love -- Tom Tom Club
    Love Bizarre -- Sheila E
    Oh L'Amour -- Erasure
    Wordy Rappinghood -- Tom Tom Club
    Talking in Your Sleep --the Romantics
    Pull Up to the Bumper --Grace Jones
    I Feel Love -- Donna Summer
    Abracadabra -- Steve Miller Band
    White Horse -- Laid Back
    The Popcorn Song
    Daddy Cool -- Boney M
    (the rest are my favorite hip-hop songs I like to get down to:)
    How Many Licks -- Lil' Kim
    Lean Back -- Fat Joe
    Work It -- Missy Elliot
    I Just Wanna Love You -- Jay-Z
    Milkshake -- Kelis

    What would you suggest?

    10 Comments:

    At 7:27 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    "Upside Down"- Diana Ross and 90s house (which always reminds me of Walter)

     
    At 8:58 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    I didn't get invited to Walter's wedding, (not complaining before I get flamed just saying) so I am not going, but I suggest "Nothing but a good time" by Poison, that song always reminds me of him.

     
    At 7:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Enjoy at the wedding! We are going to London on NOvember 28 and come back on December 5. I have friends who live outside of London and We will stay in their home. I met Malcolm and Penny in 2000 at Gatwick airport. We are all excited about the trip.

     
    At 6:40 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Walter e-mailed me the following titles, which he'd like to hear at his wedding:

    how about these...


    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper

    Karmacameleon – Culture Club

    Holiday – Madonna

    Heart of Glass – Blondie

    Cold Hearted Snake – Paula Abdul

    Micky – Toni Basil

    Beat It – Michael Jackson

    She Bop – Cyndi Lauper

    We Got The Beat – The GoGo’s

    (You Spin Me) Round Round – Dead or Alive

    Wake me Up – Wham!

    Hit me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benetar

    Rock Lobster – B52’s

    Whip It – Devo

    Tainted Love – Soft Cell

    What’s Love Go to do With It – Tina Turner

    Inside Outside – Cover Girls

    If I Could Turn Back Time – Cher

    Dancing Queen – ABBA

    Love to Hate You – Erasure

    Raspberry Beret – Prince

    Just Like Heaven – The Cure
    Stand – R.E.M.

    It’s Raining Men – The Weather Girls

    I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor

    (p.s. I love copying & pasting...)

     
    At 4:15 PM , Blogger lucy4 said...

    I have some bad suggestions (as in so bad it's so good):

    Naughty Girls Need Love Too - Samantha Fox
    Nasty Girls - Vanity 6
    Buffalo Stance - Neeneh Cherry
    Two of Heart - Stacy Q.
    I Feel Love - Donna Summer
    I Ran - Flock of Seagulls
    Jump Around - House of Pain
    Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
    The Warrior - Patty Smythe (sp?)
    Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
    Boys and Girls - Blur
    Sweet Child of Mine - Guns n' Roses

    Oh there are so much more but I will be revealing too much about myself.

    Hmm... makes me want to break out the karaoke machine!

     
    At 2:58 PM , Blogger lucy4 said...

    Oh yeah, I have another one for Walter's Super Sweet Wedding. Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Relax. I would stay away from "It's a Sin" by The Pet Shop Boys, that might be a downer at a gay gala.

     
    At 7:17 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Go ahead and reveal, Lucy. I do it all the time!

     
    At 7:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sorry, Rafa, I will be off the subject again! I wanted to do some shopping in H&M today but the Cavalli collection was sold in 15 munutes after the store opened. I was there about 2 hours after the store opened, I only got a bra! Unbelievable! I was shocked!

     
    At 8:36 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    awesome list!

     
    At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good choices! Did you go to NY and Jersey already?

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home