• Felotalk: Food and Music

    Thursday, July 28, 2005

    Food and Music

    Cooking with friends...
    Monday: I got together with Serene and Oskar for dinner. On the menu: oxtail soup (prepared by Serene), mixed green salad (RV3 & Serene) and sangria (RV3). It was a yummy night.
    Tuesday: At Serene's, we had rib-eyed steaks, grilled onions, sauteed colliflower. And we drank a bottle of Tempranillo wine, courtesy of the Silverlake Wine Shop. This was a spontaneous, but fun and delicious effort for us.
    Wednesday: Guests: Papio, Yolanda, Robin. Pot luck menu: barbecue chicken, red cabbage salad, empanadas, wine and beer. For dessert: arroz con leche. Great company, good food.
    I still don't know what I am doing for dinner tonight...

    More music news...
    I got the new Fischerspooner c.d., Odyssey, and have to say that I really dig this new recording of theirs. Many of the tracks grew on me after three listenings, but the track I truly love is their first single, "Never Win." I caught the video for the song the other night on an LATV show the other night, and immediately knew I had to go out and buy the c.d.
    I have been enjoying the couple of songs by Kanye West that I've heard on the radio. His new disc is due in late August...and I can't wait!
    I also love singing along to "Baby I'm Back," by Baby Bash with Akon...

    2 Comments:

    At 1:09 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    I'm still waiting for you to make me something fresh from the herb garden and fried in truffle oil.

     
    At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The new Kanye Single, Diamonds, is real good.

    Oxtail Soup sound yummy!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home