• Felotalk: Presents and Mountains

    Friday, December 30, 2005

    Presents and Mountains

    Well, I do not see myself going online again until next week, so I will say it now (and again): HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    I finally saw "Brokeback Mountain" and loved it, but was not ovewhelmingly moved as I left the theater. However, as the hours passed and now a whole day has passed and the more I think about it, I love the film more and more. It was truly profound and moving. It was truly a sweeping love story. So beautiful! And (sorry Jake) Heath Ledger was so incredible in it. His performance is sublime and so understated. He breaks your heart! Wow.
    I must say, however, "A History of Violence" continues to be my favorite film so far this year...

    Since my friend, Yellowpop Lucy, posted something about the Christmas gifts she received this year, I will do the same. I got so many gift cards I don't know what to do with them. Frankly, I prefer getting an actual gift, rather than a card. Even if the item someone got for you is cheesy or "not me," to me that means someone thought of you and said: This is what I will get Rafi. He'll love it. He'll get a kick out of it! To me, gift cards are an easy gift to give. It is a generous gift but not a lot of thought goes into it. I don't want to sound like an ingrate, however, I am grateful for all of the gift cards I got. Thank you! I received the following cards: 3 for Starbucks, 2 for Target, 1 for Border's, 1 for Macy's.
    I also got several books. I received wine and champagne. My auntie gave me a new pair of bedroom slippers, which are so comfortable. My aunt, by the way, gives me gloves one year, a scarf the next, and slippers the following. She then repeats this sequence... I got some stationary. I received so much chocolate and candy from students... I got a cute scarf from my friend Naomi. I got new wine glasses from Carmela. Ca$h bonus from Rob and Cassandra!!! They shouldn't have. ;-) Picture frames, candles, a wallet, more booze... But my absolute favorite gift this year came from my roommate Cindy. She gave me a (I will not spell this or say this correctly, sorry) a monocular, like binoculars but only one lense/eye piece. They are really powerful and I can see clearly from my hilltop home into other poeple's houses across Glendale Boulevard... Oops, I just outed myself as a vouyeur!
    Anyway, happy new year to all. I know Christmas is not about getting gifts and all, but I hope everyone out there got something fun and special that they really love.
    God bless...And all the best for everyone in 2006!!!

    3 Comments:

    At 6:04 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Lucy 4, there will be a party on the same city block as the American Apparel on Sunset & Alvarado. I will give the address to Splenngrrl. So get it from her...
    Thanks for the "i before the e" reminder. I am usually a good speller...
    I love giving presents and also "receiving" them." I only said that whole "Christmas is not only about presents" thing because I sensed Hostile 17 would get on my case like he does about everything I write or like...
    Maybe I'll see you tomorrow. :-)

     
    At 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I did not receive many gifts, much less expensive ones and I'm glad. It helped take the focus off that aspect of Christmas and put it back on the more important ones.

     
    At 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2006 brings us all everything we've ever desired!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home