• Felotalk: Just Rambling About

    Tuesday, April 18, 2006

    Just Rambling About

    In addition to flowers, I also bought herbs and other plants at the Flower Mart this weekend. I've planted more rosemary, oregano, lavander, and rue. I alos bought some more succulents. My yard looks better than ever.
    I have been enjoying using avocados and lemons from Oscar and Jerry's trees in my cooking. I can never grow sick of avocados. It is so good in almost everything I prepare.
    For dinner the other night, Serene made the best briquet and two delicious salads. One salad had arugula, and red and golden beets. The other salad had fava beans, onions, garlic, and avocados. For dessert, Jerry prepared an incredibly rich and moist chocolate flan, using Chocolate Abuelita. My contribution, wine, didn't required any preparation. We all had a fun night, which we ended with a few rounds of French Poker.

    Here's more evidence that Myspace is such a playground for the very young. Last week I found my two youngest sisters (from my dad's third marriage---Don't ask!) on Myspace. Ever is 25 years old and Barbara is 16. Needleless to say, I have now "added" them as friends. I have also "added" Yolanda Cruz's youngest siblings: Papio, 19, and Raquel, 22. All four are active members and very popular. I shouldn't complain about Myspace so much. I was telling Wendy the other day that when I am online I check Myspace first, before checking my e-mail!

    Last week's playlist during all my housecleaning and yard work included C.D.s by:
    Belle and Sebastian, Sandro, Miguel Bose, Madonna, Sufjan Stevens, Abba, The Rapture, Jacques Dutronc, and Goldfrapp among others...

    5 Comments:

    At 9:43 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    Please come see me and cook me yummy food. No red meat since it contributes to inflamation. Ok? Just tell me the dates that work for you.

     
    At 10:06 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Dapototi, I really like The Gossip. they are a fun band. Princess Supa' Star is also quite fun to listen to.
    Kathy, I enjoy your cooking as well. I want to come up to visit you again...

     
    At 5:57 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Lucy-I love Ladytron so if you want to go and push the limits of your advanced age, let me know.
    Rafael- When are you going to make me something with truffle oil?

     
    At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Rafi,
    I wondered why I didn't get news from you, now that I have internet at home I know that you write journal here. It is nice to read all about what you do in a journal. You can write much more about what you do than when you send me e-mail. Eventhough I am happy to be mommy of David and I enjoy family life with Max I sometimes really miss L.A. and all of my friends in L.A. I don't know why Julio doesn't write me very often. When we were in the beach house I got great thai massage with hot herbs, hope I can get another one when we visit my dad again, I don't know if I told you but a thai lady Yupin is now taking care of my dad, she used to work here and my dad was her customer, that she went to Zanzibar and than when she came back to Thailand, she heard from her friends that my dad is looking for someone to take of him so she sent him an e-mail.
    Lots of love,
    Anka

     
    At 9:17 AM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    i think i am starting to burn out on Myspace, the only reason i use it is to log into my private journalism group and chat with my friends about stuff we were doing for the newspaper, but now that school is ending, not sure if I really will be on it that much

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home