• Felotalk: Ten Things I've Been Up to Since My Return

    Wednesday, April 12, 2006

    Ten Things I've Been Up to Since My Return

    1. After returning from my bereavement leave, I went back to work for a week. And now I am on spring break.

    2. Robert B. surprised me by treating me to a manicure and a peticure. My feet and hands feel so luxurious. Thank you, Bobby!!! I, in return, treated him to margaritas and appetizers at el Conquistador to thank him for picking me up from the airport on a Sunday night.

    3. I am pissed off with CBS for switching "The Amazing Race" from Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. to Wednesday nights at 8 p.m., opposite UPN's "America's Next Top Model." I need TiVo!!!

    4. I went to a Hollywood movie premiere... My friends' friends are the producers and director of the new movie, HARD CANDY. The cast was there, including the much-prettier-in-person Sandra Oh. I didn't love the movie, but am happy for my friends' friends' accomplishment...

    5. My mother is back from Guayaquil, Ecuador. She stayed down there for an additional 6 days. I've been to her house twice since her return. And have spent time with my sisters and niece and nephew at my mom's.

    6. I went to Akbar on Friday night with friends, for the first time in 2 months. And then we went to Cuffs... My first time there in at least six years...

    7. I had a fun Saturday! I left the house to have breakfast with Serene, Oscar and Jerry around 9:30 in the morning... And I didn't get back home until 8:30 at night...

    8. I've been trying to clean house every day of my spring break, so far. I've swept and mopped my floors. I cleared half of my back yard from weeds and shrubs. I fixed, cleaned and arranged my bookshelves. And I have been creating and filling up the pages of new photo allbums. In the process of doing this, I spent several hours looking through old albums. It is always incredible to do this. I love looking at old pictures. And I enjoy cherishing precious moments from the past. Reminiscing... I also marvel at how in the last three years, pages of my albums are now filled with new photos of my niece and nephew, both of whom I adore.

    9. I've read two books in the last 10 days. And I have been trying to keep up with my New Yorkers...

    10. I bought flowers at the Farmer's Market on Sunday. They totally warm and cheer up my house...

    3 Comments:

    At 3:32 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Rafi, it seems you are really enjoying life. Way to go. Let's linner soon. Or is it lunner??

     
    At 5:25 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Rafi, even though I'm probably not in your photo album a lot, I'm glad we've been spending a good amount of time together despite distance and everything else over the last few years. For a while there we hardly saw each other but you have to admit I have made a big effort!

     
    At 8:13 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    How on earth do you have time to miss me, missy?

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home