• Felotalk: Q & A

    Monday, May 08, 2006

    Q & A

    Dear RV3, Why have you not been posting anything in the last month? What gives?
    Comic Book Guy, Springfield, U.S.A.


    I want to say that I've been busy. Which I have been. But I do make time to check my e-mail and visit my Myspace page. I tend to not like to be in front of a computer for too long. That is my main reason. I love blogging. I am constantly thinking of new things to write about. However, much too often when I get in front of a monitor, and enter my Blogger site, I tend to freeze and believe it or not I become speechless. I don't feel like writing much. And I have plenty to talk about and share. However, I've simply been too lazy to type, I guess.

    Dear RV3, Have you been to the Flower Mart in the last couple of weeks?
    Daisy Duck, Anahaim, CA


    I actually have not been to the Mart since Easter weekend. I want to go again. Soon! I did, however, find myself at Home Depot on Saturday. I bought parsley, sage, thyme and chamomile to plant. I continue to do yard work, whenever possible. I want my backyard to look somewhat decent by Memorial Day weekend.

    Dear RV3, Is it true that your friend Serene Ford sued her former landlord and won?
    Renter's Advocate and Hipster, Silver Lake, L.A., CA


    How did you know that? Yes, Ms. Ford sent her former landlord to Small Claim's Court. He had apparently refused to give her back her whole rent deposit as she moved out of her former residence on Lemoyne Street. He had acussed her of leaving that apartment stinky and dirty. This was far from the truth! Upon leaving, Ms. Ford painted all of the wall. Cleaned the apartment thoroughly and even steam cleaned the carpeting. She also did a lot of work on the outside of her former residence. She cleared out her yard of bushes and shrubs. She put up a new fence. And did much gardening, completely improving her former landlord's property. With the assistance of Steve Mitchell and counseling from Kathy Sheffied, Ms. Ford went to court with her former landlord and won. Mr. Mitchell, who accompanied Ms. Ford in court, informed me over the phone, that Ms. Ford presented her case very eloquently, with much confidence and calm. The judge was not impressed with the defendant. He was dressed poorly and had horrible body language. He simply did not present a good case.
    When speaking with Ms. Ford last week, I told her that I was quite proud of her. I told her that her victory was a victory for the people. A victory for renters everywhere. There are too many slumlords everywhere trying to exploit and take advantage of renters. Hopefully, her sleazy former landlord won't try to cheat future tenants again. Ms. Ford was humbled by my praise.

    Dear RV3, What's the last yummy meal you prepared at home?
    Johnny #00345129, Downtown Men's Central Jail, Los Angeles, CA


    I haven't been cooking much lately. This of course means that I have been eating out too much. I did however bake a flan last weekend for my friend Iris' birthday party. I got this recipe from my madrina Nancy, who was in town visiting from Ecuador two weeks ago.
    You need 8 eggs, one can of condense milk, 3 cups of milk, half a cup of sugar, half a cup of water.
    First you put the eggs, condense milk and milk in a blender. And blend! Then you cook the sugar and water on a stove top in a cake pan, and stir it ocassionally until it browns. This will be your caramel. You pour the blended ingredients in the pan, over the caramel. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool. Serve cold. Enjoy!

    6 Comments:

    At 8:08 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    Dear RV3,

    I like your new format- it's very creative, fun and SO informative. I wanted to make that yummy flan myself but when I went grocery shopping, I forgot to buy sugar! Ooops!

    Not-So-Secret Admirer

     
    At 4:27 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Not-So-Secret-Admirer:
    You need the sugar for the caramel. Good luck with the flan.

    Clueless in Silverlake:
    No! If you are using a tampon, it means you have given it up to a piece of cotton on a string. Sorry, most people's "first times" are not that memorable anyway.

    Chunkylover53 in Silverlake:
    Snakes indeed do have tails. I think?!?!

    Shaker69 in NJ:
    I wiggle whilst I whistle all the time.

    P.S. I do get speechless once in a while. Especially during arguments. But what I meant to say was that I want to say I a lot in my blog, but am too lazy to type. You could say, my fingers get speechless. ;)

     
    At 8:29 AM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    Dear RV3,

    Hulk says stop writing about stupid flowers. Hulk no like flowers. Hulks likes tanks which stupid Army guys throw at Hulk to smash. Hulk says write about imporant things like t.v. or funny books Hulk is in like funny newspaper man in Covina. Or else Hulk smash!!!!

    Incredible Hulk
    gamma base somewhere in Nevada

     
    At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear RV3,

    Will you be visiting NYC soon? I have a crush on you. Chucks!

     
    At 9:14 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    Dear RV3, Will you forgive me for failing to call or email? Also, will you give Serene a big high-five for me.

     
    At 12:22 PM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Dear Hulk,

    Why the heck are you reading my blog! This isn't Sunnyvale!!! And flowers are pretty. They might help you with your anger management issues.

    Dear youknowhothisis,

    I don't know... When are you coming to L.A.?

    Dear Kathy,

    I heart you. Please call me... Serene and Steve miss you.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home