• Felotalk: Let's Talk About the Weather

    Tuesday, July 18, 2006

    Let's Talk About the Weather

    I continue to go the beach as much as I possibly can with different friends. I went to this little beach in Malibu Colony with Robert, Raquel, and Iris yesterday. The tide was high, but the water was surprisingly warm. We sunbathed and enjoyed a nice little picnic potluck, which we all prepared. We had a lot of fun.

    I am planning on going to Santa Monica later today with friends from work, for another outing of fun and to escape the inland heat. It has been too hot lately, so beach outings have been a wonderful relief from this intense weather. It never used to get this hot in July in Southern California. A really warm day in L.A. in July was usually around 84 degrees. Our hottest time of the year has always been around late August through September. It feels as if it has been over 90 degrees everyday for the last month, and we are not even half way through our summer. From what I understand this heat wave is happening across North America. It is scary to think that this may be a result from global warming and that this is just a glimpse of what we're are to expect in years to come. By the way, I have yet to see the film, AN INCONVINIENT TRUTH, but I now want to see it more than any other movie out there.

    1 Comments:

    At 1:19 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    90s is nothing. It has been triple digits on a lot of days in the SGV. I have yet to "escape" to the beach this summer. I was planning a trip to Chicago but I also heard that is hot there too. I had to buy a fan for my home office. Luckily I am at work in the AC most of the day today.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home