• Felotalk: Mi Casa

    Friday, January 06, 2006

    Mi Casa

    It is official! I have now been living at my house on North Alvarado Street for 10 years. I remember moving in here in mid-January of 1996 with 4 other friends and thinking, "I'll probably be here for a couple of years..." Though at times I have thought about moving elsewhere, and even came close to finding other possibly good places, I feel that this house is too much of a good deal to pass on. We have four bedrooms, 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, the roof area and the backyard... And then there is our magnificent view, always radiant at dusk.
    Though I have had the same two roommates for the last six or seven years, in the past ten this house has sheltered: 11 tenants/roommates, 2 dogs, 6 cats, and many many visitors. Visitors that stayed for long weekends, invited and uninvited guests (ferral cats, racoons, birds, drag queens, passed-out partyers, lovers, etc.) This house, I feel, has always provided me with a strong sense of stability. I have a good rapport with my landlord, whom I know appreciates me as a tenant. Like most adults, I eventually would love to buy a house, but as long as I am a renter I feel comfortable in my place.

    3 Comments:

    At 4:51 PM , Blogger Spleengrrl said...

    I have a lot of memories of your casa and I can't wait to make more.

     
    At 10:08 AM , Blogger RV3 said...

    Oh the memories!!!

     
    At 2:37 PM , Blogger waldocarmona said...

    If you guys start singing, i'm puking

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home